Friday 1 March 2013

Day 10 - A little time to myself...

Weather: 31 degrees | patchy cloud/rain | 77% humidity
Exchange: 9690 Rupiah = $1AUD (hotel)



No rush today... no plans, hubby wants to relax on our last full day at the hotel, but I'm not one to sit around idle.  I'm also not a big fan of hanging out at the pool, unless it's really warm and to sit at the swim-up bar and I'm not in the mood for drinking... yet.

After brekkie I decide to head into Legian/Kuta by myself for some "last chance-uninterrupted-hubby not groaning in the background-shopping".  I ask for the taxi to take me to Banjar, but I must have confused him when I said to turn towards Seminyak on Jl. Legian and then he confused me and I forgot where Banjar was.  I finally asked him to pull over and I'll walk, on a mission to get to (Jo's Shop) "B Design" (I had already been to the shop at Kerobokan, but we had a driver waiting and hubby breathing down my neck).  I couldn't believe it!  When I finally reached the shop, TETUP (closed) with a sign saying "due to renovations, visit shop in Kerobokan".  Oh well, wasn't meant to be.

So, I just kept walking until I reached my favourite moziac shop "Patola Ratu" for one last look.  There's nothing here that you couldn't find in other similar shops, but I really like the lady owner.  She delivered items as promised to me at the hotel last year and remembered me as soon as I walked in to the shop on my first visit earlier this trip.  I buy a small pair of chalk stone Balinese couple and an antique looking welcome sign (total 200,000 Rupiah).  She gave me a small moziac plate as a gift before leaving.  I chat with her about designing a mirror for our bathroom (I bought one from her in 2011 for 120,000 Rupiah that looks gorgeous in our ensuite) and emailing her the details for her to make ready for our next visit (TBA).

With some money still in my purse to spend, I head back to Ketut's for a better look.  I spy a cute pair of bathers for Miss 7 and grab 6 more singlets for hubby and dad, various logos, e.g. Hot Tuna, Fox Racing, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and of course Bintang.  It didn't matter what was on the singlet, price was for sizing: 3XL = 25,000 Rupiah and 4XL = 40,000 Rupiah.  I introduced myself to Ketut, told her how famous she was and scored myself a bottle of water.  With not much to play with in the purse, I decide to head back to the hotel to find Hubby relaxing in the air conditioned room, reading his book.

For the convenience, I go downstairs to change some more money then walk around the corner to the little (cheap) spa I found "Beauty Corner".  I choose Paket 3 consisting of a Hair Creme Bath, Manicure and Pedicure for 150,000 Rupiah.  I paid an extra 40,000 Rupiah for the Opi brand silver nail polish, that I really wished I had bought from them and will now search to see if I can buy online.  I really loved that polish, but wouldn't go back to Beauty Corner.  The location is very secluded and not at all in the tourist path.  The only tourists who would find this place, is those shopping at ACE Hardware or drinking coffee at Gloria Jeans across the road, or those staying at Kuta Central Park and the service is much better at the hotel - you get what you pay for.

When I get back to the hotel room, I try desperately to Skype Miss 7 for the last time, but finally the hotel internet connection has decided to misbehave.  A quick phone call instead, then we take a taxi to Jl. Padma and decide to eat our last evening meal at Indo-National.  Fairly well rated on Trip Advisor and Aussie owned, we thought this would be a good choice for steak, but were slightly disappointed.  At least I finally got to drink a Bali Cider - YUM!
Back to the hotel, we begin packing our treasures and have a few beverages to toast our amazing time... again... in Bali - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment